Getting Started on Sites: Adding a new user to your Stanford Drupal site
You have your Stanford site up and running, now you want other people to help you. Here's how to give them permission to edit your site.
Using WebAuth, Stanford has made it easy for you to use your SUNet ID and passord when logging into your Drupal site. Once a new user has initially logged into the site you simply need to upgrade the role for that user.
Have the new user log into the site
Start by having the new user log into the site through WebAuth using their SUNetID. If you don't see the SUNetID login on your page, you can login at /user (e.g. https://swsblog.stanford.edu/user). Click on SUNetID Login to login using WebAuth.
Change the new user's role
After your new user has logged into the site,
- Log in to the site with an administrator account
- Navigate to the people page (admin/people) by clicking on People in the black admin menu bar.
- Scroll down until you find the name of the user you wish to update
- Click the edit link for that user
- On the user edit form, click on the appropriate role (e.g., administrator)
- Scroll to the bottom of the form and click the Save button
Have the new user log in to the site and check the new privileges.