Google is always improving! So, here's an update to my last post on how to add a Google map to your website.
Many websites have a "Contact" or "Directions" page that requires a map. You can use Google Maps to create a customized map and embed it on your webpage.
Creating a Google Map
- Log into your Google account.
- Navigate to Google Maps.
- Enter the location in the search bar and press enter/return on your keyboard.
Share or Embed a Google Map
- In the lower right corner of the browser winder, click the gear button and select Share and embed map.
- You will get a two options, Share link or Embed map.
- To share the map link, select the link and add that to your website so users can click to see a Google map.
- To embed the map in your website, click the Embed map tab. Select the iframe code provided by Google.
- Go the the webpage where you want to embed a Google Map.
- Click the Edit tab.
- Be sure the Text format is set to Full HTML. Then in the Body field paste the embed code.