Your front page is all ready to go, except you have this funny phrase, "No front page content has been created yet." You've tried everything from moving blocks to crossing your fingers and clenching your teeth and that phrase still pops up. How do you get rid of this?
What Drupal is telling you here is that your site needs a node (a "page") to be assigned as the front page. This is easily fixed.
Create a node called "Home"
- Navigate to Content > Add content > Basic page (node/add/page)
- Enter "Home" in the Title field
- Scroll to the bottom and select Save
Now you need to designate this new home page as your front page.
Designate your Home page as the Front Page
- Navigate to Configuration > System > Site Information (admin/config/system/site-information)
- Scroll down to Default front page
- In the field after the URL enter "home" (or the path name for your new page you just made)
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Save configuration
Check it out!
Navigate to your front page and verify that the phrase is gone.