The Stanford Web Services team is growing! We are looking for talented and experienced new team members who can create amazing websites and products to help Stanford faculty, students, and staff advance the mission of one of the top research universities in the world.
We are adding two new positions to our team: a web producer/site builder and a web developer.
Who are you?
Web Producer/Site Builder
You’re a people person - you love working with clients to bring life to their vision. You are energetic and enjoy variety in your day; your ideal task list includes a variety of activities, from leading meetings with clients, working with a designer on wireframes and building a new service prototype, to testing for accessibility and training content editors on the latest feature. You appreciate healthy, open source communities and actively seek ways to contribute. You thrive in a fast-paced, agile, start-up environment and deeply appreciate that your work has a meaningful impact on the world.
Your work will include:
- managing the production of new Drupal and/or WordPress websites for a wide variety of clients, including everything from a small research lab to a large department reaching thousands of prospective students
- sharing your knowledge by authoring posts on the SWS blog and speaking at events like Stanford Drupal Camp or BADCamp
- advocating for the best possible user experience by producing accessible, mobile responsive, and user-friendly websites
You’re a plan-maker and a problem-solver. You have a passion for healthy open source communities and are happiest when the products you build are efficient, stable, secure, accessible, version-controlled, tested, and documented. You enjoy the technical challenges in development and architecture and appreciate working hand-in-hand with designers and producers to craft the best possible user experience for clients. A fantastic communicator, you stay on top of technology and value an environment where learning is at the heart of our mission.
Your work will include:
- developing large-scale, complex Drupal and/or WordPress websites and services
- pitching solutions and working with a team to craft scalable, high performing services in the cloud
- providing technical strategy advice to departments partnering with external vendors to ensure their work meets Stanford’s web technology, quality, and security standards
Who are we?
Stanford Web Services is a creative web studio serving clients across Stanford University. We are a tight-knit and highly creative team of project managers, designers, producers, developers, and customer experience specialists, and we connect with every School and administrative group at Stanford, building strong relationships and encouraging an active community of web professionals.
In 2014, our agile team worked with 55 clients on 99 separate engagements - including 66 projects - and maintained the growing Stanford Sites system of over 1,200 active Drupal websites. We also contribute to the community by developing custom Drupal modules for Stanford and providing leadership in communities of practice for user experience, service design, and content strategy.
What it’s like to work here
- a collegial environment with creative spaces for collaborative work and quiet spaces for heads-down focus time
- amazing Stanford benefits and a healthy environment, including easy access to athletic facilities and wellness classes
- support and funding for continuing your career development in technology and leadership
- office kitchen with coffee, tea, and Free Bagel Tuesdays
- top of the line workstation and laptop of your choice
- friendly and supportive teammates
Stanford Web Services is located on the main Stanford University campus in Laurel Hall, a small building behind the new Engineering Quad and within a 5-minute walk of restaurants and coffee shops, including Peet’s and Coupa Cafe at Y2E2, and the new Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center.
We need your help!
If either the web producer or web developer position sounds like your dream gig, then we want to hear from you! Apply today on Stanford Careers and include a cover letter, resume, and links to your Drupal.org user profile.
(Bonus points for including links to your online portfolio and/or contributions to open source communities, such as code or documentation posted on GitHub, Drupal.org, etc.)
We look forward to hearing from you!
John, Joe, Nick, Shea, Megan, Cynthia, Jamie, Caryl, Linnea, and Sara