In August, 2013, the Administration Views module was updated from 7.x-1.0-alpha1 to 7.x-1.0 on Stanford Sites. This update has the potential to cause several issues, manifesting in one or several of the following ways:
- A "Trying to get property of non-object in user_access()" error message
- A "page not found" or "Access Denied: This content has been restricted by the author or by the site administrator." error message when trying to access admin/content
- The "Content" menu item in the black Administration Menu (between "Dashboard" and "Structure") disappears
The Administration Views module overrides system lists of things (nodes, users, comments) with actual Views, and replaces them at the appropriate path (e.g., admin/content). Between versions 1.0-alpha1 and 1.0, the machine names for those Views changed, like so:
If you had overridden the default View (e.g., admin_content_node) from 1.0-alpha1, so that it is stored in the database, the update to admin_views-7.x-1.0 causes great sadness, as detailed above.
The fix below details how to resolve the issue for the View at admin/content; fixing the other Views follows the same process.
- Go to admin/structure/views
- Do a "find" (Cmd+F [Mac] or Ctrl+F [Windows/Linux]) for "admin_content_node"
- Verify that its status shows as "in database", and proceed to Step 4. (If it does not show as "in database", or you do not have a View named "admin_content_node", these troubleshooting steps may not apply.)
- Find the View entitled "Administration: Nodes" and disable it:
- Do the same for any of the other Views listed in the table above
- Clear the menu cache
There are a couple of other ways to resolve this issue; the fundamental problem is that two Views live at the same path.
- Alternative #1: Disable the admin_content_node View.
- Alternative #2: Give one of the two Views ("Administration: Nodes" or admin_content_node) a new path.